Post by : Zerob
Dirty Water Coolers in your office and home are one of the leading reasons for diseases. Encouraging people to stay hydrated is a great way of assuring high immunity and better disease prevention. However, the source of your hydration is a concern that should constantly be kept in mind.
Like most water storage units, water coolers are fertile ground for the breeding of bacteria and germs. This combined with the fact that a large number of people use them on a daily basis makes them all the more prone to retaining infectious elements.
You can do your bit to stay safe by following 3 basic tips:
- Ensure your bottle is clean before you fill it.
- Avoid any contact between the bottle and the faucet of the cooler
- If you are sick refrain from using the water coolers
Even if you abide by these rules it is difficult to avoid the germs in the water cooler container. Most people are unaware of when the appliance has been cleaned or rotated last. Drinking contaminated water from coolers can cause severe diseases such as Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac Fever. Common cold and flu can also be contracted easily from an unsanitary water cooler.
Apart from disease-causing bacteria and germs, water coolers have other pollutants as well:
- Chemical Residue: Bleach or Chlorine is generally used to clean the tanks in a water cooler. Residues of these chemicals may be left behind which cause serious harm to your body. These can generally be detected by the colour and taste of the water.
- Algae: Algae only needs water and sunlight to grow. In the case of water coolers, even fluorescent lights can lead to its growth. Consuming water containing Algae commonly causes stomach issues.
ZeroB’s Eco Chill RO cooler can put your mind at ease. It comes equipped with a unique Dynamic Monitor and Controller System, which informs you about the internal functioning of the cooler as well as the temperature and quality of the water. It warns the user of early replacement of cartridge ensuring that the water storage remains sanitary and the appliance smooth working. The HRR Technology available gives you 3 times higher pure water recovery than any other conventional RO purifier. It also means only 30 % reject water keeping the wastage to a minimum.
To keep you safe from diseases and infection, the Eco chill RO comes equipped with E-Health technology that prevents slime formation. Along with this, the ESS Technology sanitizes the water storage tank from germ build-up 24 x 7. Not only perfect for your workspaces but the Eco Chill RO is the best water cooler for homes as well.
Post by : Zerob
Non-electric water purifiers function without depending on gas or electricity. They work completely on a gravity-based filtration system and a few additional technologies depending on what different brands offer. Most purifiers of this kind contain activated carbon cartridges that filter out dissolved impurities and contaminants. The activated charcoal catches all the pollutants when impure water is passed through it. It works on organic compounds, chlorine, pesticides, and herbicides.
Here are a few advantages of using a Non-Electric Water Purifier:
- Unaffected by Power Cuts: The biggest advantage of these water purifiers is applicable for people who reside in areas with frequent power cuts. In India, several cities experience this problem. Not only do power cuts happen often but also for a long time. Using a water purifier without electricity guarantees access to pure water 24/7.
- Effective for Dissolved Impurities: U V water purifiers are not effective on dissolved impurities such as chlorine, rust, arsenic, etc. Moreover, they do not work on muddy water with foul taste and odour. On the other hand, non-electric water purifiers are highly effective in such cases.
- Cost-Effective: Without the overhead charge of electricity, these water purifiers are extremely economical and environment-friendly. They conserve energy and are easy on your pockets.
- Storage Option: Unlike electric UV water purifiers that provide no options for storage and force users to use external options such as plastic bottles, non-electric water purifiers come pre-equipped with a storage tank.
ZeroB’s non-electric water purifiers – Pureline 4 Litres and Suraksha Plus Pro, provide you with top of the line water filtration systems. The Pureline 4 Litres provides safe and natural tasting water with a high capacity of dispensing capacity of 4 liters per minute. Only food-grade material is used, making the water dispensed safe for consumption. On the other hand, the Suraksha Plus Pro gives 3000 Litres of water-borne disease-causing bacteria and virus free drinking water with its superior Resin Technology. It also efficiently removes mud, sand and dust suspended particle giving you pure and safe drinking water.
Post by : Zerob
If the water that is flowing through the taps of your house has a reddish tinge, smells foul or a distinct metallic taste, it most likely contains high levels of Iron. Pure water does not have any taste or smell but since it is a natural solvent, it rapidly dissolves minerals like iron and magnesium.
Iron is an essential nutrient in our diets and although typically pure iron content in your drinking water is not harmful, there are several issues attached to such contaminated water. People residing in places where the ground water has a high iron concentration must be even more cautious. In India, studies carried out by the Central Groundwater Board have shown states like Assam, Orissa, Chhattisgarh, and Karnataka have constant reoccurring cases of high concentration of iron in the groundwater. Residents here must use water purification systems to avoid damaging their health and surroundings.
Here are 5 concerning issues that iron concentrated water presents:
- Impact on Skin- The presence of Iron in water used for bathing harms your skin cells which lead to wrinkles and infections. This water reduces the effect of soaps and shampoos and does not wash them off easily, leading to clogged skin that can cause Eczema in the future.
- Impact on Health – Iron is classified as a secondary contaminant which means it does not directly impact your health. However, bacteria feed off the iron and hence come as a part and parcel of it. These bacteria cause severe health damage when ingested. Additionally, high levels of iron can cause diabetes, hemochromatosis, and damage to the heart and liver.
- Impact on Food- Food cooked in iron-rich water adds a metallic taste and foul smell to it. Fruits and vegetables washed with such water tend to blacken.
- Clogging of pipes – Iron-rich water corrodes the pipes that it runs through causing them to get clogged and decrease efficiency.
- Iron Stains – Iron leaves reddish stains and residue on bathroom fixtures and dishes. Additionally, it causes clothes to retain stains and smells, overall hampering their quality.
ZeroB’s D-Ferrous is India’s first iron remover. It is fitted with a unique user-friendly backwash valve that regulates all functions making it user - friendly and efficient. Other than removing iron precipitate from your water, it also removes foul odor and helps retain the colors of fabrics washed in it.
Additionally, Zero B also presents the Rakshak, a water purifier that removes suspended iron particles, disease-causing bacteria, and excess iodine. This whole house water filtration system with its 4 stage purification, auto shut off the germicidal cartridge and easy-to-wash reusable sponge filter capsule make it a stellar option.
If you have iron in your water, the best solution is to use an iron remover filter. With Zero B’s efficient and user-friendly products you can make your water safe for consumption in any capacity.
Post by : Zerob
For a country that relies on the monsoon season for survival, Climate Change is an alarmingly serious issue in terms of short-term effects. In the recent past, India has not been blessed with a timely and sufficient monsoon.
This combined with prolonged neglected water management has placed us in a paradoxical situation. Erratic monsoon patterns have led to a serious water deficit situation in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, and Delhi over the last decade. On the other hand states like Assam, Bihar and Maharashtra are facing excessive rainfall that has led to death and destruction in the wake of floods.
In light of these issues, we must assure that we are consuming purified water. Our responsibility does not end there. We must adopt eco-friendly alternatives of all products, especially water treatment systems to restrict wastage.
Zero B provides one such reliable and useful alternative – the Eco RO Purifier. Commonly for every one glass of water that your water purifier provides you with, it wastes up to three glasses. The Eco RO limits this wastage by recovering 70% of the water and saving up to 80% water. It is equipped with superior HRR technology that ensures 3X higher quality of pure water recovery than other conventional RO purifiers. In present-day India, we not only have a responsibility towards our health but also towards the state of the Earth. With Zero B’s Eco RO we can achieve this perfect balance.
In June 2018 the NITI Aayog had predicted that 21 cities including Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai will run out of groundwater as early as 2020. Due to this demand, there is an excessive extraction of groundwater resulting in contaminated water with harmful chemicals such as arsenic nitrate and fluoride. Pure water is something we cannot compromise on and at the same time we must do our bit for the problems faced by our country. For this purpose the Eco RO is the best option.
Post by : Zerob
Most of us today are burdened with plenty of responsibilities. We keep juggling between work, relationships, children and social commitments. Subsequently, life gets pretty overwhelming. During such times and days, it’s understandable if your daily water consumption falls through the cracks. But, there are some things which you can do to ensure that your water consumption increases day by day.
- Add flavour - You can add a little bit of excitement, zing and flavour by steeping slices of some fresh fruits and vegetables such as grapefruit, strawberries, lemon, cucumber, ginger, and celery along with some herbs like basil and mint leaves to enhance the taste of your water. Let it steep longer for a tastier glass. In this way, you can add some nutritional value to your water.
- Drink during brinks - While at work, it is important to take mini-breaks. So, make it a routine to drink water every time you walk away from your workspace. The more water you drink, the more you’ll have to visit the bathroom and the cycle will continue.
- Sip before every meal - As a rule of thumb, you should aim to drink a glass of water before every meal. This also applies while you are cooking or out at a restaurant and waiting for your order. Once you start following it regularly, you’ll automatically find yourself drinking a glass of water before every meal.
- Trendy water bottle - A cool and trendy water bottle sitting right in front of you while you keep punching on the keyboard will remind you to consistently have a sip. You can invest in a stainless steel or glass fruit infuser bottle or a hi-tech alkaline water bottle rather than a plastic one.
- Get a smart water bottle - Drinking more water can be your excuse to lay hands on a smart water bottle that recommends customized daily water intake. Such bottles can be easily integrated with your smart wearables and you can keep a track of your water habit.
Apart from the above ways, you can also install a water filtration system or water purification systems which helps in providing safe drinking water by removing impurities and retaining a significant amount of minerals in it. It will truly improve the quality and taste of your water.
Post by : Zerob
Most often than not we don’t care about the source of the water. We assume that it will be a good source and drink water in good faith. But, sometimes, the source may not be hygienic and can lead to you falling sick. To minimize health risk, it is extremely important to ensure that your source of drinking water is not contaminated.
Most of the water that we get at our home is supplied through the municipal line. So you cannot be sure of the quality of the water that is supplied. Thus, it gets highly necessary to have good water treatment systems at homes and offices. It can remove over 99 per cent of organic and inorganic impurities from tap water, thus ensuring an unrestricted supply of filtered and clean drinking water. Subsequently, it leads to numerous health benefits such as:
- Eliminating impurities - An RO water purifier purifies water through a filtration process known as reverse osmosis system that filters out the impurities and keeps the organic minerals intact. Thus, ensuring clean and healthy drinking water for your good health.
- Better digestion - If you are having digestive issues, drinking lots of clean water is your remedy. Regular drinking of clean water helps to break down large portions of food and let your body absorb all the nutrients.
- Nourishes skin - Drinking a glass of clean and purified water moisturizes your skin and can even aid in improving your skin’s complexion. Studies have revealed that drinking pure water can give your skin a beautiful and natural glow.
- Alleviates fatigue - Drinking a glass of pure water regularly basis alleviates fatigue by energizing the cells with nutrition from the food we consume. Moreover, increased water intake reduces the chances of getting kidney stones.
- Healthy life - Exercising is essential to stay fit. But without staying hydrated, you won’t be reaping the benefits of exercising. Instead, you will feel lethargic and lacking energy. Having a minimum of 8 clean and pure glasses of water daily can aid in leading a healthy life.
So, drinking purified water not only eliminates harmful chemicals but also retains its minerals and proves to be a wise choice in the long run.
Post by : Zerob
We all know how important it is to consume pure drinking water. The demand for pure and clean water is rising day by day and hence it is important to have a good water filtration system installed at home. But with plenty of good water purifiers available in the market, choosing the right one is not an easy task. So, to help you in your decision-making process, we’ll tell you some of the most common types of water filtration systems in India.
But before identifying the right system, it is necessary to test the water that you receive. This will help you in understanding the impurities water contains and determining the type of filter that can serve you best.
Once you’ve tested the water, finding the right system becomes easy. Below are the four most common types of water filtration systems.
- Activated Carbon filter - This filter helps in removing larger particles like sediments as well as chlorine and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). It also helps in removing any odour and ensuring a better and tasteful drinking water.
- Alkaline filter - If the water that you receive is hard, this filtration method can help. Electrolysis is used in this method where the water goes over the plates that are electrically charged, resulting in much softer water.
- Ultraviolet filter - This system uses ultraviolet radiation to treat water in order to destroy bacteria and viruses. It is one of the most environmentally friendly methods to filter water, however, it won’t help in removing minerals or fluoride.
- Reverse Osmosis filter - It is one of the most popular filtration methods because it can remove numerous contaminants from the water.
The above filtration systems can be wall-mounted with its primary usage being in the kitchen. However, if you wish to have pure and safe water throughout your home, a whole house water filtration system home water solutions is a good investment.
Post by : Zerob
Water is one of the most important compositions, alongside others, to sustain life. Clean water is highly essential to lead a healthy life. However, with continuous technological advancement and increasing growth of the industrial sector, pollution is on the rise. This has affected our natural resources, primarily water. So, it is important to have a good water management system in place that ensures optimum use of water resources.
Most of the households receive water supplied by the municipal corporation. The source of the supply is unknown. At times, most of the households receive hard water which is not healthy for consumption in any form. A good water softener system can help in softening hard water and making it ready for consumption.
Moreover, contaminated and impure drinking water can lead to illness such as typhoid, diarrhoea, jaundice etc. Moreover, groundwater contains harmful chemicals like fluoride and arsenic which cannot be purified simply by boiling the water.
Even if we try to purify water through distillation, the water will as pure as possible but will kill all the minerals alongside other contaminants. Bottled water is safe to drink but there is no authenticity on the source of water. Therefore, a good water purifier is a must to ensure safe drinking.
Modern water purifiers come with a range of advanced technologies to remove organic and inorganic impurities present in water. They either run on UV or RO technology offering something unique within it to set them apart from the competition. Currently, Reverse Osmosis (RO) is one of the most powerful purification technique followed by UV water purification.
So, to have clean and safe water and to keep yourself and your family fit and healthy, away from illness, it is imperative to have a good water purifier.
Post by : Zerob
We all love the onset of rains as it brings a huge relief from the sweltering summer heat. The surroundings look fresh and spring greenery everywhere, a sight to be loved and cherished. It is that time of the year where you feel like curling at home, sipping a cup of hot tea and reading a book.
However, along with joy, monsoons also brings along the scare of water-borne diseases. It leads to an increase of bacterial and viral infections that can affect the immunity system of most of us. Moreover, humidity which comes back after showers results in major health concerns such as dehydration. Also, there are times when contaminated water gets mixed with drinking water and if consumed can lead to harmful illness such as typhoid, diarrhoea, jaundice etc. Therefore, it is important to consume purified water during monsoons.
Most of us think that drinking boiled water or cooking using boiled water can eliminate the risk of water-borne bacteria in it. Well, that’s true. But it has no effect on chlorine and does not help in removing other impurities that contaminate water at its source. Although it is the traditional method of water purification, it is only used in case of emergencies.
On the other hand, a good water purifier can significantly help in reducing the risk of waterborne diseases. Modern water purifiers come with a range of advanced technologies to remove organic and inorganic impurities present in water. Zero B’s range of advanced water purifier comes with RO and UV water purifiers offering a robust UV water treatment and water filtration system along with Iron Removal Filters that help in removing arsenic content from water and produce drinking water with reliable quality. Moreover, the purifiers separate salts and get rid of other impurities, pestic
ides, bacteria and other disease-causing viruses all the while improving the taste of the water.
So, to avoid falling ill during the monsoons, it is advisable to consume purified drinking water.
Post by : ZeroB
Water is essential for life.
We need water for so many things - food preparation, cooking, sanitation, hygiene, etc. But if the water that you receive at your home is hard water, then your life may not seem normal.
Listed below are signs that you get hard water at your home:
Itchy and dry skin
Hard water deprives the skin of its natural oils. Soap when comes in contact with hard water forms soap scum (or soap residue) instead of producing lather.
This scum is left on your skin, which leads to clogged pores and sensitive flaky skin.
Unmanageable hairMinerals in the hard water form a scaly film on the hair and prevent moisture from entering the hair. This results in dry and dull hair.Poor bathing experiencesWith soap and shampoo, hard water doesn’t produce a good lather. Also, minerals present in hard water get deposited and clog up your shower head which results in weaker water pressure.Faded Clothes
Hard water strips the color away from your clothes. Even your clothes may feel scratchy due to the mineral deposits.
Staining of kitchen utensils and bathroom fittingsHard water results in the discoloration of your kitchen utensils, sink, bathtub, etc. due to the deposition of minerals over a period of time.Damage to the appliancesIn appliances like water heaters, washing machines and dishwasher, the scaly deposits reduce the efficiency of the appliances, thereby shortening their lifespans.Frequent plumbing repairsHard water forms scaly deposits that clog pipelines. The resulting build-up of scale restricts the flow of water in pipes. Hard water also causes corrosion,hence asking for maintenance quite often. An autosoftener is the perfect solution to all your hard water problems.Call right away to our water conditioning expert if you’re facing hard water problems, or if you simply have any queries about Autosoft. We would be happy to help you.