Iron is extremely important for health, and it is obtained mainly from food items. Iron is also present in water, but the body cannot absorb iron from it. While the presence of iron in water does not pose a health risk, it is still a nuisance for aesthetic reasons.
For homeowners reliant on well water, the presence of iron is a persistent issue affecting the water supply’s quality. Iron in water leads to several problems; thus, ZeroB has brought you an iron filter for well water that effectively removes iron from the water and makes it usable for multiple household chores.
In this blog, we will discuss the importance of an iron filtration system for well water.
Effects of Iron in Water
The following effects of iron in water might convince you to install an iron filter for well water.
- Dry Skin & Acne: If you bathe or shower with untreated well water, then you might fall prey to acne, dry and itchy skin, and skin irritation. The excessive iron in water doesn’t allow for deep cleansing, resulting in excessive soap left on the skin, which causes multiple skin issues.
- Metallic Taste and Smell: Though iron water doesn’t affect your health, it causes a foul smell and color in the water. If you see rusty water or clean water that tastes metallic or smells metallic , it might be because of iron’s presence, which requires you to install an iron remover.
- Staining: The dissolved iron particles in water, when exposed to oxygen, turns into visible red particles, which stain your clothes, porcelain tiles, dishes, and other items. They are very difficult to remove.
- Discoloration: The undissolved iron in water causes it to look cloudy, and you can see rusty sediment at the base of containers. Iron makes it look unclean.
- Buildup: If you don’t treat iron water, it will cause sediment buildup in piping across the house over the years, resulting in corrosion, leakage, and other problems.
Benefits of Installing an Iron Removal Filter
Some benefits of iron water filters are discussed here. Check these out:
Addressing Discoloration and Staining
If the iron water is causing discoloration in your bathroom and sink, you must install an iron water filter, as it tackles the issue by filtering the visible reddish-brown iron particles, eliminating them, and removing the possibility of stains and discoloration.
Prevents Plumbing Damage
Excessive iron in water causes sediment buildup in pipelines, appliances, and fixtures. Over time, it clogs pipes, damages the plumbing systems, and affects the efficiency and lifespan of electrical appliances, such as dishwashers, washing machines, etc. Using an iron removal water filter eliminates these issues by removing the sediment and prolonging the lifespan of these appliances.
Improving Water Taste and Odor
By removing iron from water, an iron water filter removes the metallic taste and foul odor, improving drinking water quality. A reliable iron removal filter effectively eliminates iron compounds, enhancing the taste and odor of well water and making it more palatable and enjoyable.
Enhancing Water Softening Efficiency
If the water in your area has excessive iron and you have water softeners installed in your home, you also need an iron water filter, as iron in water interferes with the effectiveness of water softeners, reducing their ability to remove hardness minerals. Install an iron filter for well water and water softeners to increase the efficiency of water treatment in your home.
Iron Removers at ZeroB
An effective iron water filter is essential to ensuring an endless supply of clean and clear water. Thus, at ZeroB, we have designed the ZeroB AutoIron Remover and ZeroB D Ferrous Iron Remover, which effectively remove iron from your water supply and make it usable.
Eliminating iron particles not only addresses aesthetic concerns like discoloration and staining but also protects plumbing systems, appliances, and water treatment equipment.
Invest in ZeroB Iron removers today and take a step towards ensuring a consistent and safe water supply.
Check out our range of iron filters for well water today, and choose the right product for your home!