Dangers of a Contaminated Water Cooler
Dirty Water Coolers in your office and home are one of the leading reasons for diseases. Encouraging people to stay hydrated is a great way of assuring high immunity and better disease prevention. However, the source of your hydration is a concern that should constantly be kept in mind.
Like most water storage units, water coolers are fertile ground for the breeding of bacteria and germs. This combined with the fact that a large number of people use them on a daily basis makes them all the more prone to retaining infectious elements.
You can do your bit to stay safe by following 3 basic tips:
- Ensure your bottle is clean before you fill it.
- Avoid any contact between the bottle and the faucet of the cooler
- If you are sick refrain from using the water coolers
Even if you abide by these rules it is difficult to avoid the germs in the water cooler container. Most people are unaware of when the appliance has been cleaned or rotated last. Drinking contaminated water from coolers can cause severe diseases such as Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac Fever. Common cold and flu can also be contracted easily from an unsanitary water cooler.
Apart from disease-causing bacteria and germs, water coolers have other pollutants as well:
- Chemical Residue: Bleach or Chlorine is generally used to clean the tanks in a water cooler. Residues of these chemicals may be left behind which cause serious harm to your body. These can generally be detected by the colour and taste of the water.
- Algae: Algae only needs water and sunlight to grow. In the case of water coolers, even fluorescent lights can lead to its growth. Consuming water containing Algae commonly causes stomach issues.
ZeroB’s Eco Chill RO cooler can put your mind at ease. It comes equipped with a unique Dynamic Monitor and Controller System, which informs you about the internal functioning of the cooler as well as the temperature and quality of the water. It warns the user of early replacement of cartridge ensuring that the water storage remains sanitary and the appliance smooth working. The HRR Technology available gives you 3 times higher pure water recovery than any other conventional RO purifier. It also means only 30 % reject water keeping the wastage to a minimum.
To keep you safe from diseases and infection, the Eco chill RO comes equipped with E-Health technology that prevents slime formation. Along with this, the ESS Technology sanitizes the water storage tank from germ build-up 24 x 7. Not only perfect for your workspaces but the Eco Chill RO is the best water cooler for homes as well.