5 incredible tips to drink more water everyday
Most of us today are burdened with plenty of responsibilities. We keep juggling between work, relationships, children and social commitments. Subsequently, life gets pretty overwhelming. During such times and days, it’s understandable if your daily water consumption falls through the cracks. But, there are some things which you can do to ensure that your water consumption increases day by day.
- Add flavour - You can add a little bit of excitement, zing and flavour by steeping slices of some fresh fruits and vegetables such as grapefruit, strawberries, lemon, cucumber, ginger, and celery along with some herbs like basil and mint leaves to enhance the taste of your water. Let it steep longer for a tastier glass. In this way, you can add some nutritional value to your water.
- Drink during brinks - While at work, it is important to take mini-breaks. So, make it a routine to drink water every time you walk away from your workspace. The more water you drink, the more you’ll have to visit the bathroom and the cycle will continue.
- Sip before every meal - As a rule of thumb, you should aim to drink a glass of water before every meal. This also applies while you are cooking or out at a restaurant and waiting for your order. Once you start following it regularly, you’ll automatically find yourself drinking a glass of water before every meal.
- Trendy water bottle - A cool and trendy water bottle sitting right in front of you while you keep punching on the keyboard will remind you to consistently have a sip. You can invest in a stainless steel or glass fruit infuser bottle or a hi-tech alkaline water bottle rather than a plastic one.
- Get a smart water bottle - Drinking more water can be your excuse to lay hands on a smart water bottle that recommends customized daily water intake. Such bottles can be easily integrated with your smart wearables and you can keep a track of your water habit.
Apart from the above ways, you can also install a water filtration system or water purification systems which helps in providing safe drinking water by removing impurities and retaining a significant amount of minerals in it. It will truly improve the quality and taste of your water.