ZeroB Water Coolers – Eco Chill RO and UV
Post by : Zerob
How does UV Purifier work?
What is the process of a UV purifier?
Does UV purifier require running water?
Which is the best UV purifier?
Where is UV purifier best suited for?
In an UV water purifier, a lamp is used to generate UV rays like those produced by the sun. When tap water enters the UV Purifier, it is exposed to Ultra Violet radiation. The UV radiation helps in destroying almost 100% of the harmful micro-organisms present in the water by changing their cell structure.
Though UV radiation helps in destroying almost 100% of the harmful micro-organisms present, it cannot remove harmful salts, chemicals or heavy metals present in water or change the taste, smell or the pH balance of water.
Hence most UV Purifiers combine UV technology with Activated Carbon to remove harmful salts, chemicals and other dissolved impurities present in water.
The UV Water Purifiers are best suited for areas where the water is not “hard”.
One important point to be noted here is that, UV Purifiers work on electricity and require running water. They also require timely servicing to ensure that the UV bulb and filters if any, like the Activated Carbon Filters are replaced on time.
One of the best UV Purifiers available in the market today is the UV Grande which also uses a technology known as ESS.
What are the reasons to have a RO Purifier?
Do regular water purifiers completely remove bacteria?
Can we use RO Purifier in our home?
Is it necessary to use RO Purifier at home?
Do conventional purifiers ensure removal of metals and chemicals?
Given below are the main reasons to consider buying an RO Purifier:
1. Municipal water treatment plants are far away from your Homes and Water supplied by the municipality tends to get contaminated while being distributed through miles of pipelines.
2. The Chlorine disinfection used in most municipal plants can form harmful by-products such as TTHMs (total trihalomethanes) and HAAs (haloacetic acids) in drinking water. These chemicals are known carcinogens or cancer causing..
3. Hygiene of underground and overhead tanks of apartments and residential complexes is not always proper and hence the stored water in these tanks run an increased risk of contamination.
4. Ground water is high in salts and harmful chemicals and also heavy metals
5. Conventional water purifiers do not ensure complete removal of heavy metals, harmful chemical, excessive salts and all germs from drinking water