ZeroB Blogs | A Health Care Blog by ZeroB
Post by : Zerob
What is the difference between RO and UV purifier?
Which is more better, RO or UV purifier?
Which one kills the germs more clearly, RO or UV purifier?
What is the comparison between RO and UV purifier?
Can algae get deposited on the UV bulb?
In RO water purifier the RO membrane physically removes all germs and viruses in the water by filtering out the micro-organisms. Apart from Removing Germs and Viruses, it can also remove dissolved salts and metals present in water by filtering it as the filtering holes in the RO membrane is extremelyy small.
In a UV water purifier the germs and other living organisms are paralysed by the UV radiation. The UV purification process only paralyses the germs but does not remove the paralyzed germs from water.
For the UV purifier to work properly, the UV light has to travel through the water for killing the micro-organisms. So if the water is not clear the UV rays may get blocked thus hampering the purification process. Also for the proper functioning of the UV Purifier the UV bulb should be clean and there should not be dirt attached to it or algae deposited on it. In case the UV light is off for sometime, algae can get deposited on the surface of the UV bulb and thus affecting the functioning of the Purfier.
Post by : Zerob
Why is RO purification better than boiling?
How many stages does the RO purification have?
Is RO Purification better than boiling?
Which is a better method other than boiling?
Does RO filtration have anti bacterial filters?
Boiling water for drinking is one of the most traditional methods of purifying water. When water is boiled it kills almost all bacteria present in it. However this does not make the water fully pure because by boiling water we cannot eliminate chemical or metallic pollutants like chlorine present in it. Boiling of water also cannot eliminate the bad smell present in water. Over and above this, the water cannot be consumed without cooling.
On the other hand in Reverse Osmosis purification process, water is allowed to pass through a semi-permeable membrane with pore structure of less than .00001 micron. This membrane blocks all impurities in water whose molecules are larger than the molecule of water and thereby effectively removes upto 99% of all contaminants present in water, including total dissolved solids, chemicals and micro biological impurities like bacteria and viruses.
Additionally anti-microbial filters used in RO purification also helps to remove unwanted odor, colour and taste from water – all of which cannot be removed through the process of boiling.
RO Purification is thus regarded as the most advanced and complete water purification process.
What are the health benefits of drinking pure water?
Can carbon filters remove contaminants in water?
How does drinking safe water help your immune system?
How pure is the water from a water purifier?
What is the known amount of toxins we know?
1. Water Purifiers reduce the risk of er, colon cancer, rectal and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
2. Carbon water filters used in purifiers can remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water but at the same time helps in retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking
3. Water Purifiers reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water.
4. Drinking Purified water form Water Purifiers help in developing children’s immune system
5. Water Purifiers defend our body against 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
Post by : Zerob
What are the advantages of installing a water softener?
Does softeners increase the life span of appliances?
Is there any advantage to install a water softener?
What is the cost of installing a water softener?
Can softeners lead to high electricity bill?
Though Water Softeners are a boon to people who tend to get hard water supplied to their homes, but here are a few points to ponder before installing a water softener at your home.
Advantages of Installing a Water Softener:
i) Water softeners improve efficiency and increase the life of the appliances and utensils
ii) Lathering becomes easier and there will be reduced stain marks in garments
iii) Utensils will look shinier due to the usage of soft water
iv) Soft water is advisable for people with skin conditions, such as eczema.
i)The initial cost of the Softener unit
ii)A water softener will increase your water usage.
iii)Softeners can lead to see a higher electric bill due to the cost of operating the unit.
You may weigh the above advantages and disadvantages before deciding on a Water Softener.
Post by : Zerob
Why to soften hard water?
How bad are the metal ions in hard water?
Is hard water harmful to your health?
How is hard water bad to your health?
What is the most common form of water softener?
Though hard water isn’t unhealthy, it can cause difficulties in keeping surfaces of utensils or appliances clean and stain free or prevent scaling. Softening of water can help alleviate these concerns that come with hard water.
Generally, water softeners that are used to make water soft, reduce contents of magnesium and calcium present in the hard water water. However, some water softeners also reduce ions of both iron and manganese.
The metal ions found in hard water react with soaps, making them lather less, and causing visible rings on surfaces, such as that commonly found in bathtubs using hard water.
Both calcium and magnesium present in hard water form deposits when the hard water is used for extended periods of time. This can cause build up on metal pipes, metal boilers, and on the insides of tea kettles. Over time this build-up can actually be destructive to equipment, because it can serve as a thermal insulator, leading to the possibility that metal gets overheated leading to damage of the equipment
The most common form of water softeners are ion-exchanging resin devices that are used for domestic purposes.
Post by : Zerob
How can RO Purifier take care of Arsenic contamination?
How can arsenic be removed?
Can arsenic water lead to cancer?
Can RO purifier take care of Arsenic contamination?
Is it necessary to have RO purifiers at arsenic places?
Arsenic is found naturally in rocks and soil, plants, air and water. It is a poisonous metallic element and can contaminate drinking water. Because of its inherent tasteless, colorless and odorless characteristics, it goes largely unnoticed.
Studies show that exposure to arsenic in the drinking water have found there is a higher risk of cancers of the bladder, kidney, lung, skin, colon and liver. Pregnant woman who drink water with traces of arsenic may give birth to babies with lung damage, respiratory infections and babies are at a higher risk for developing lung disease. There are evidences of increased susceptibility to H1N1 influenza from drinking water contaminated with arsenic.
So how can arsenic be removed?
The membrane purification used in reverse osmosis removes most impurities of the water, including arsenic.
Reverse osmosis units due to its semi-permeable membrane are capable of removing arsenic V completely from the water and give you arsenic purified water.
Hence places which are high on arsenic should mandatorily opt for Reverse Osmosis Purifiers
Post by : Zerob
What are the effects of arsenic in water?
Where is arsenic water most found?
How harmful is arsenic in drinking water?
Is testing of arsenic water compulsory?
Can arsenic water lead to death?
Water in several regions in India are found to contain some arsenic while excessive concentrations of arsenic are known to naturally occur in some regions like the West Bengal. The health effects are generally delayed and the most effective preventive measure is supply of drinking water low in arsenic concentration.
Drinking arsenic-rich water over a long period results in various health effects including skin problems such as colour changes on the skin, and hard patches on the palms and soles of the feet, skin cancer, cancers of the bladder, kidney and lung, and diseases of the blood vessels of the legs and feet, and possibly also diabetes, high blood pressure and reproductive disorders.
A large population in West Bengal, India is exposed to naturally occurring inorganic arsenic through their drinking water.
because a very high percentage of shallow tube-wells have been tested to have high levels of arsenic (above 0.05mg/l).
A large percentage of the population of West Bengal are at a risk of drinking contaminated water. Approximately 1 in 100 people who drink water containing 0.05 mg arsenic per litre or more for a long period may eventually die from arsenic related cancers.
For provision of safe drinking-water the following are the two important steps that need to be taken:
– Testing of water for levels of Arsenic contamination
– Deeper wells are often less likely to be contaminated.
– Use of arsenic removal water purifiers in households.
Advanced Reverse Osmosis purifiers can remove Arsenic from water and help prevent such ailments.
Post by : Zerob
Why is RO considered the best?
Is RO purification the best method?
Does RO purification increase water consumption?
What are some benefits of RO purification?
Is RO filter cost efficient?
Reverse Osmosis purification process has numerous benefits apart from making the water taste and smell good.
Here are a few benefits of the Reverse Osmosis Purification:
1. Helps increased water consumption
By filtering the existing contaminants in tap water such as iron, chlorine, hydrogen sulfide and many others, one can get healthier and better tasting water which can encourage one to drink more of it, thereby increasing water consumption which is so vital for a healthy body
2. Easy Filtration Process
Using a reverse osmosis system can allow you to access clean and fresh drinking water. The reverse osmosis water purifiers are very advantageous as it needs very low maintenance. All that you need to do is change the filter periodically – generally twice a year.
3. RO Water is Safer and Cleaner
Reverse osmosis can eliminate the dangerous volatile organic compound as well as chlorine and its by-products while still preserving the healthy minerals and providing clean drinking water.
Generally, purchasing bottled water is very expensive and consuming water filtered by normal resin filters have become very risky as such filters cannot filter out the various harmful contaminants present in water. Thus water purified without an RO Purifier can lead to health problems which can lead to an increase your medical costs.
5. Environment Friendly
According to a study approximately several million barrels of oil are required yearly to produce water drinking bottles and a lakhs of vehicles to ensure their delivery on a regular basis. This is hazardous for the environment
Water which has undergone reverse osmosis is the best choice for your entire family.
Post by : Zerob
How to choose the best water purifier?
What are some tips to identify the best water purifier?
What are the steps to decide the best water purifier?
Does local water have pollutants?
Is it advisable to buy water purifier without certifications?
If you wish to maintain good health, you need to have plenty of pure water. And for pure water you need to have the right water purifier installed in your home.
There would be countless pollutants, chemicals and dirt in your local water source. Hence, water purifiers are a must to have clean and pure water. With advanced water treatment solutions we now have some purifiers that not only eliminate the bacteria and viruses present in water but can also strain out pesticides, harmful chemicals, metals and dissolved salts from the water.
However, do not get swayed by tall claims of marketeers with products that do not have the necessary certifications.
Here are the few important tips to help you choose the Best Water Purifier – one that’s just Right for you!
1. Water Quality: If you live in an area where the water is heavily alkaline, hard, or if you have to use underground water, you must go for a reverse osmosis (RO) water purifier.
2. Storage: This is one factor which most people fail to consider and later on regret with their decision. For example, if you are not at home or do not have patience to wait for a bottle to fill up, you can get a purifier where storage facility is more. Understand your needs precisely and accordingly take decision.
3. Contamination: Are you getting water from a community water system? Then it is likely that chloramines are being added as disinfectants to your water, in addition to chlorine. In such a scenario, you will need a water filter that is certified to remove chloramines, as well as chlorine and trihalomethanes (a carcinogenic by-product of chlorination).
4. Cost: Now this is one of the important factors to consider. To get the right brand of water purifier that will not cost you a fortune, a little bit of independent research is needed. You can seek aid of an internet to find reviews and opinions of the people who have been using similar purifiers. Water, is essential for life and hence you should not compromise with your or your family member’s health.
Hope the above article will help you to find the water purifier that’s just right for you!
What are the reasons to have a RO Purifier?
Do regular water purifiers completely remove bacteria?
Can we use RO Purifier in our home?
Is it necessary to use RO Purifier at home?
Do conventional purifiers ensure removal of metals and chemicals?
Given below are the main reasons to consider buying an RO Purifier:
1. Municipal water treatment plants are far away from your Homes and Water supplied by the municipality tends to get contaminated while being distributed through miles of pipelines.
2. The Chlorine disinfection used in most municipal plants can form harmful by-products such as TTHMs (total trihalomethanes) and HAAs (haloacetic acids) in drinking water. These chemicals are known carcinogens or cancer causing..
3. Hygiene of underground and overhead tanks of apartments and residential complexes is not always proper and hence the stored water in these tanks run an increased risk of contamination.
4. Ground water is high in salts and harmful chemicals and also heavy metals
5. Conventional water purifiers do not ensure complete removal of heavy metals, harmful chemical, excessive salts and all germs from drinking water