Monthly Archives: July 2016
Post by : Zerob
How can RO Purifier take care of Arsenic contamination?
How can arsenic be removed?
Can arsenic water lead to cancer?
Can RO purifier take care of Arsenic contamination?
Is it necessary to have RO purifiers at arsenic places?
Arsenic is found naturally in rocks and soil, plants, air and water. It is a poisonous metallic element and can contaminate drinking water. Because of its inherent tasteless, colorless and odorless characteristics, it goes largely unnoticed.
Studies show that exposure to arsenic in the drinking water have found there is a higher risk of cancers of the bladder, kidney, lung, skin, colon and liver. Pregnant woman who drink water with traces of arsenic may give birth to babies with lung damage, respiratory infections and babies are at a higher risk for developing lung disease. There are evidences of increased susceptibility to H1N1 influenza from drinking water contaminated with arsenic.
So how can arsenic be removed?
The membrane purification used in reverse osmosis removes most impurities of the water, including arsenic.
Reverse osmosis units due to its semi-permeable membrane are capable of removing arsenic V completely from the water and give you arsenic purified water.
Hence places which are high on arsenic should mandatorily opt for Reverse Osmosis Purifiers
Post by : Zerob
What are the effects of arsenic in water?
Where is arsenic water most found?
How harmful is arsenic in drinking water?
Is testing of arsenic water compulsory?
Can arsenic water lead to death?
Water in several regions in India are found to contain some arsenic while excessive concentrations of arsenic are known to naturally occur in some regions like the West Bengal. The health effects are generally delayed and the most effective preventive measure is supply of drinking water low in arsenic concentration.
Drinking arsenic-rich water over a long period results in various health effects including skin problems such as colour changes on the skin, and hard patches on the palms and soles of the feet, skin cancer, cancers of the bladder, kidney and lung, and diseases of the blood vessels of the legs and feet, and possibly also diabetes, high blood pressure and reproductive disorders.
A large population in West Bengal, India is exposed to naturally occurring inorganic arsenic through their drinking water.
because a very high percentage of shallow tube-wells have been tested to have high levels of arsenic (above 0.05mg/l).
A large percentage of the population of West Bengal are at a risk of drinking contaminated water. Approximately 1 in 100 people who drink water containing 0.05 mg arsenic per litre or more for a long period may eventually die from arsenic related cancers.
For provision of safe drinking-water the following are the two important steps that need to be taken:
– Testing of water for levels of Arsenic contamination
– Deeper wells are often less likely to be contaminated.
– Use of arsenic removal water purifiers in households.
Advanced Reverse Osmosis purifiers can remove Arsenic from water and help prevent such ailments.
Post by : Zerob
Why is RO considered the best?
Is RO purification the best method?
Does RO purification increase water consumption?
What are some benefits of RO purification?
Is RO filter cost efficient?
Reverse Osmosis purification process has numerous benefits apart from making the water taste and smell good.
Here are a few benefits of the Reverse Osmosis Purification:
1. Helps increased water consumption
By filtering the existing contaminants in tap water such as iron, chlorine, hydrogen sulfide and many others, one can get healthier and better tasting water which can encourage one to drink more of it, thereby increasing water consumption which is so vital for a healthy body
2. Easy Filtration Process
Using a reverse osmosis system can allow you to access clean and fresh drinking water. The reverse osmosis water purifiers are very advantageous as it needs very low maintenance. All that you need to do is change the filter periodically – generally twice a year.
3. RO Water is Safer and Cleaner
Reverse osmosis can eliminate the dangerous volatile organic compound as well as chlorine and its by-products while still preserving the healthy minerals and providing clean drinking water.
Generally, purchasing bottled water is very expensive and consuming water filtered by normal resin filters have become very risky as such filters cannot filter out the various harmful contaminants present in water. Thus water purified without an RO Purifier can lead to health problems which can lead to an increase your medical costs.
5. Environment Friendly
According to a study approximately several million barrels of oil are required yearly to produce water drinking bottles and a lakhs of vehicles to ensure their delivery on a regular basis. This is hazardous for the environment
Water which has undergone reverse osmosis is the best choice for your entire family.
Post by : Zerob
How to choose the best water purifier?
What are some tips to identify the best water purifier?
What are the steps to decide the best water purifier?
Does local water have pollutants?
Is it advisable to buy water purifier without certifications?
If you wish to maintain good health, you need to have plenty of pure water. And for pure water you need to have the right water purifier installed in your home.
There would be countless pollutants, chemicals and dirt in your local water source. Hence, water purifiers are a must to have clean and pure water. With advanced water treatment solutions we now have some purifiers that not only eliminate the bacteria and viruses present in water but can also strain out pesticides, harmful chemicals, metals and dissolved salts from the water.
However, do not get swayed by tall claims of marketeers with products that do not have the necessary certifications.
Here are the few important tips to help you choose the Best Water Purifier – one that’s just Right for you!
1. Water Quality: If you live in an area where the water is heavily alkaline, hard, or if you have to use underground water, you must go for a reverse osmosis (RO) water purifier.
2. Storage: This is one factor which most people fail to consider and later on regret with their decision. For example, if you are not at home or do not have patience to wait for a bottle to fill up, you can get a purifier where storage facility is more. Understand your needs precisely and accordingly take decision.
3. Contamination: Are you getting water from a community water system? Then it is likely that chloramines are being added as disinfectants to your water, in addition to chlorine. In such a scenario, you will need a water filter that is certified to remove chloramines, as well as chlorine and trihalomethanes (a carcinogenic by-product of chlorination).
4. Cost: Now this is one of the important factors to consider. To get the right brand of water purifier that will not cost you a fortune, a little bit of independent research is needed. You can seek aid of an internet to find reviews and opinions of the people who have been using similar purifiers. Water, is essential for life and hence you should not compromise with your or your family member’s health.
Hope the above article will help you to find the water purifier that’s just right for you!
What are the reasons to have a RO Purifier?
Do regular water purifiers completely remove bacteria?
Can we use RO Purifier in our home?
Is it necessary to use RO Purifier at home?
Do conventional purifiers ensure removal of metals and chemicals?
Given below are the main reasons to consider buying an RO Purifier:
1. Municipal water treatment plants are far away from your Homes and Water supplied by the municipality tends to get contaminated while being distributed through miles of pipelines.
2. The Chlorine disinfection used in most municipal plants can form harmful by-products such as TTHMs (total trihalomethanes) and HAAs (haloacetic acids) in drinking water. These chemicals are known carcinogens or cancer causing..
3. Hygiene of underground and overhead tanks of apartments and residential complexes is not always proper and hence the stored water in these tanks run an increased risk of contamination.
4. Ground water is high in salts and harmful chemicals and also heavy metals
5. Conventional water purifiers do not ensure complete removal of heavy metals, harmful chemical, excessive salts and all germs from drinking water